Gemtree Bloodstone Organic Shiraz 2014
The Bloodstone symbolises the commencement of McLaren Vale Shiraz in the Gemtree portfolio and will give you a taste of everything they grow. Blended from a cross section of all of their Gemtree Shiraz vineyards, it is a bang on version of what they are trying to achieve....
See full description
- Shipping & Returns
The Bloodstone symbolises the commencement of McLaren Vale Shiraz in the Gemtree portfolio and will give you a taste of everything they grow. Blended from a cross section of all of their Gemtree Shiraz vineyards, it is a bang on version of what they are trying to achieve. A perfect drop to enjoy with food, this wine epitomises the essence of Shiraz and typicity of McLaren Vale.
Ruby red with purple hues, the nose has a lifted and aromatic wine with notes of red cherry, strawberry, mulberry, nutmeg and complex earthy undertones. The palate is soft and generous, layered with cherry, mulberry, rhubarb and hints of cinnamon and spice. An approachable and versatile wine with a sweet mid-palate, well-balanced acid and gentle tannins.
Aged for 12 months in 10% new and 90% one to four year old French oak.
Gemtree is a certified organic wine producer
That means they don’t use herbicides and pesticides. To control weeds they let sheep graze between the vines and use an under vine mechanical weeder and slashers. Gemtree achieved organic certification in November 2011 and they are currently certified by Australian Certified Organics.
McLaren Vale is one of Australia's premier wine regions. It has a Mediterranean climate making it ideal for growing grapes. The pristine coastline of SA is just minutes from Gemtree's vineyards and the maritime influences of cool evening breezes and ancient limestone deposits in the soil are instrumental to the quality of fruit that they grow.
- 2014. Gold, World Wine Award of Canada 2015
- 2014. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2015
- 2014. 90 Points, Huon Hooke 2015
- 2013. Top Gold, International Organic Wine Award 2015
- 2013. 88 points, James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2016
- 2013. Gold and Best Buy, Tastings.com - World Wine Championships Award 2015
- 2013. Gold, Mundus Vini International Wine Award 2015
- 2013. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2014
- 2013. Gold, International Organic Wine Award 2014
- 2012. Great Value Wines $20 and Under, Gourmet Traveller 2014
- 2012. Gold, Mundus Vini Biofach 2014
- 2012. Gold, Challenge Millesime Bio 2013
- 2012. Gold and Best Buy, Tastings.com - World Wine Championships Award 2014
- 2012. Gold Medal, Tastings.com - World Value Wine Challenge 2014
- 2012. 89 points, James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2015
- 2012. Best Buy, Gourmet Traveller Magazine 2014
- 2012. Best Buy, Swedens humble version of The Wine Adovate 2013
- 2012. Judges' choice, WineAlign Wine Awards 2013
- 2010. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2012
Shipping is $7.95 per order for any mainland New Zealand address. Pleased allow up to 5 working days for your order to arrive. It will normally arrive earlier than that (usually 1-2 days) but we cannot guarantee it due to reliance on a third-party courier service. If you would like something delivered urgently, please contact our help desk and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Refunds Policy - 100% Guarantee